Saturday, March 12, 2011

SNOW DAY!! (2-24-11)

I am the first to admit I am worse than the kids when it comes to wanting a snow day. It isn't the time off from work that prompts me to entertain the thought of a day off, but rather a day with the boys where we can stay in, drink hot chocolate, an unexpected wonderful day together.

A few weeks ago I started looking at the weather and saw a hint of possibility we may see snow again before spring. I waited to pack this year's snow gear, and that was a wise decision. Baby and I woke up first, of course, and I couldn't wait for Cash to come downstairs and see the white blanket. He was as excited as I thought.


First, a bowl of oatmeal to warm your tummy.

Next, dance around in excitement! Love the red socks!


Last, figure out which end the snow bibs go on. And after looking at this picture a few times I just noticed baby trying to get into the rice tub again. 




We started our snow fun with a wagon ride.






Baby tries his first snowball (I was careful where I took the snow from).







We finished up with a snowball fight. Cash remembers his first snowball fight with dad a year ago.


Had to add this pic in, Cash loved making this little snowman and the next day it was still freezing so he lasted, but by Saturday Cash would wake up to a pile of sticks and rocks. :( It did however lead us to get the book "What Snowmen Do a Night" from the library, definitely a must add to the Berry Library.


No comments:

Post a Comment