Saturday, February 12, 2011

It's all fun and games.......until someone gets hurt! (2-8-11)

I was very excited to find out that Cash gets to hand out Valentines this year at pre-school. We took a family trip to Target and crossed our fingers that the popcorn we bought Cash to keep him inside the cart wouldn't evoke a protest from Baby Ryan who kept turning around and staring him down as Cash munched away. We also took some money Grandpa had given him so he could pick out a toy. I was on a mission to buy some items for the pre-school fundraiser and left the boys for a few minutes. When I returned Cash was wielding a green Light Saber and no one got within 10 feet of our cart. I asked him if that was the toy he planned to buy and he enthusiastically answered "yes!" I leaned over and whispered to Dad that he already had one Grandma had sent our way and I had to hide it in his closet for reasons that likely do not need to be explained. So, I went to work, albeit in vain. I pulled out all the stops, or should I say toys. But, not even the Buzz Lightyear foam arrow shooter would do the trick, the Light Saber was coming home.

Boys love swords! We didn't need to keep swords away because anything in our house can be a sword (or a drum I have found as well). About a week ago after playing swords (willingly) with kitchen utensils I was accidentally, repeatedly, whacked in the arm. It was then I added "no swords" to the list of "Let's play that with Daddy" games.

So.....later tonight



Dad was okay to, but game over! Baby worked on perfecting his two handed drinking skills. It's the only way he gets juice. 


No comments:

Post a Comment