Saturday, January 8, 2011

Dad learns a lesson (1-8-11)

 Mom makes sure baby gets a turn, though often a short turn.

What a whirlwind of of a day, and yet both boys are struggling to get to sleep as I type. Ryan is on duty while I correct papers and make lesson plans. A weekend where I bring no work home for the weekend, not one thing, hmmmm, perhaps that is another blog! We had one heck of a soccer game this morning. I am usually a "no ball throwing in the house" kind of mom, more for the sake of the baby's head than anything, but this winter weather has me bending the rules and permanently planting the trampoline in the living room. Cash loves to score goals, yet I find it interesting that we have no goal posts, or nets, whatever they call that in soccer?


 Traditional soccer stance.
 It looks like he missed, but the pic is right after he kicked.

 

Today we finally got to play Toy Story 3 Yahtzee! Ryan and I love playing games so we are pretty excited that Cash got a bunch of new games for Christmas. Now we have to keep reminding him that we say "good game" to everyone after a game, not just the winners. Tonight he and ryan beat me so he said "good game," pointing to himself, "good game," pointing to Ryan, then "Not a good game for you." (And while that is true, I am not sure others would appreciate the candor?




When I glanced up at the clock and saw 6:45 I panicked and we ushered the boys upstairs. For anyone reading without kids, there is this weird thing that happens when your children stay up past their bedtime. First, they get a second wind and then overly tired which leads to an even later bed time. Then, they not only cease to sleep in, but they likely get up early. So, upstairs foregoing baths and on to reading books we went. As dad began reading about one of Cash's favorite characters "David" (It's Christmas David!)
Cash pointed to a page and said: "Dad you need to read that again!"
Dad: "Why?"
Cash: "Because there is an exclamation point and you have to read that louder!"
Dad (reading the page): "David wake up you're dreaming!!!!!!!"
Cash laughed hysterically and made Ryan read the book 2 more times.

No comments:

Post a Comment