Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Mom V.S. Donkey Kong (1-4-11)


I couldn't wait to get home and ask Cash a million and 1 questions about his first day back at pre-school. Not only did I get shushed when I came in the door, but not one question was answered or even acknowledged because Donkey Kong Returns arrived for the Wii and he had made popcorn with the new air popper, so mom was nonexistent. This is where I think, for a brief second,  someday he'll be thankful that he has a parent who cares, someday he will realize I am actually interested in all he has to say, and then  I unpack those guilt trip bags and wait until the TV is off. Baby is napping because he wasn't able to nap well today. Did no one care I was home? Later at dinner I found out Cash had fun at recess, painted with red paint, and was excited to see his friend Owen. Baby Ryan didn't say much, though we did get 1 "Mama" tonight and he was exceptionally smiley, though isn't he always. His new thing is to pat his chest and make a slappy sound, then laugh. Sweet Dreams boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment