Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Dinner Conversation: a futile pursuit (1-5-11)

As always I ran out the door at work to race home and see my boys. They are usually very excited to see me, I get hugs and requests (Donkey Kong play time go figure) from Cash (as you can see in his pic today I gave in to the request) and Baby crawls to me with the biggest grin you've ever seen. This 5 minute display negates the sleepless nights of our past few months, the refusal to go poop (ever again mind you) and the broken Wii drums (set #2). Ahhhh to be a parent!


I admit I am constantly trying to find ways to make our short evenings more meaningful as a family and tonight I tried "Let's share 1 thing we liked today!" Ryan gave me a "look" and Cash ignored me, only baby seemed to be interested making raspberries towards me. I decided to go first, then Ryan shared he liked playing Donkey Kong with Cash, to which Cash replied he liked playing Donkey Kong with Dad. To which mom replied I am taking Donkey Kong out and smashing it, wait just kidding. I asked Cash if he would like to share something about Ryan2's day and he replied "Baby Ryan can share himself." Perhaps tomorrow we will try something else? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment