Sunday, January 16, 2011

If all else fails, make some brownies! & All we need is a little motivation... (1-14-11)

You know those times when the kids are just plain riled up and short of sticking them on front of a movie you can't get them to calm down, use the inside voice, or "settle down!" Well that was our afternoon and so, I appealed to the chef in Cash and proposed we make brownies.



The PT asked if baby had tried to scale the stairs yet during her visit this week and I told her he stands at the bottom and lifts up like he wants to climb, but hasn't tried. Two days later I see him go around the corner to the stairs so I slowly peek around and then ran to get the camera. I could hear Ryan and Cash laughing upstairs, probably wrestling and baby wasn't about to be left out by a few, or rather 20 measly stairs. So, he was off!

You caught me mom!

I stood right behind him and let him go for it (ahh how many times do we scaffold as parents throughout the lives of our children) and he barely stopped as he made his way up. 

One step at a time....
Yeah, I see daddy!
Okay baby Ryan thanks for the lesson. When you see (or hear) what you want and the stairs ahead are long and steep, go for it, use those who are your biggest supporters to stand behind you in case you fall, but never stop and never look back. So much to learn from someone so little.


No comments:

Post a Comment