Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Medal Day or I wanna run like Phoebe and Rachel (1-22-11)

As I watched Cash through his "power hour" of gymnastics I was reminded of an episode of Friends. "The one where Phoebe runs" has Phoebe running like a 4 year old and her friend Rachel embarrassed. Eventually Rachel is convinced to try it and loves it. What happens as we grow older? Why do we start to lose that 4 year old run, start to become reserved (well some not all) and we use caution more often than not. Ahhh to be 4, or in Cash's case 3 and 3/4. 
On Medal Day all the kiddos get to start at the door and run out while music is playing to show off a forward roll. Fast as fast can be for this kid. 


Look at me! I was so proud to watch my son today, so confident at times, and then a change and he wanted to hide in my lap, ah still my baby. Most importantly today, how proud he was of himself. How does he know what a medal is, or is it just the shininess that makes it a coveted prize? I'm pretty sure he slept with the medal he got last week at Olivia's birthday party in the goody bag. Who doesn't like a medal?


And at the end of class it was medal time.


*Apologies baby Ryan, you didn't get a pic today as you were at grandma's house. 

1 comment: